The New York month to month rental agreement is a legal document binding the landlord and the tenant. The agreement is renewed monthly as long as the rent is paid on time, and there is no reason to vacate the premises. The agreement is written as per the New York laws requirements. According to Section 232-B, either of the parties should give 30 days’ notice in case there is a need to vacate the premises.
Steps to Fill the New York Month To Month Rental Lease Agreement
How to fill the New York month to month rental lease agreement
At the beginning, the name of both the landlord and the tenant is filled as well as the address of the premises.
Lease terms and payments
- The date the lease commences. To be able to terminate the tenancy, a 30 days’ notice should be given.
- The rent amount to be paid and at which specific date.
- Amount of late charges to be paid by the tenant if he or she delays paying the rent on time.
- The charges to be paid by the tenant for each check that bounces due to insufficient funds.
- The security deposit to be paid by the tenant.
The sections that follow talk about the following terms:
- Quiet Enjoyment
- Possession and Surrender or Premises
- Use of Premises
- Condition of Premises
- Assignment of Premises
- Assignment and Sublease
- Dangerous Materials
- Utilities and Services
- Alterations and Improvements
- Damage to Premises
- Maintenance and Repair
- Right of Inspection
- Extended Absences
- Binding Effect
- Governing Law
- Entire Agreement
- Cumulative Rights
- Legal Fees
Additional terms and conditions
The sections under the additional terms and conditions talk about the following:
- Display of Signs
- Parking (enter space number)
- Locking of Entrance Doors
- Water Leaks
The last section of the agreement contains the signature of the landlord and the date. The name of the tenant, their signature, and date and telephone number is also entered alongside their vehicle information from model/make, year, color, and the license plate number.
The New York month to month rental agreement allows the tenant to remain in the premises as long as they pay their rent without delays. It is also flexible, and notices are given 30 days prior to vacating.