The Hawaii rental application form is a legal binding document that allows the landlord to gather information on prospective tenants. It offers standardization and protects both the landlord and the tenants during the tenancy period. According to Haw. Rev. Stat. § 521-44, the security deposit should not exceed one month, and it should be returned within fourteen days once the tenant vacates the premises.
Steps to Fill the Hawaii Rental Application Form
The details of the property address and the date is filled at the top.
- Name of the applicant, email address, phone number, work number, social security number, and home number. Similar details should be entered for the co-occupant section.
- Other occupant’s names and the relationship to the applicant.
- Present residential address, the name and contact information of the landlord. The rent paid and the reason for moving out.
- Similar details should be filled for the previous resident details section.
- Applicant’s employer, address, and how long they have worked there. Also, the salary paid per month and their position.
- The name and contact information of the supervisor.
- Similar details should be filled for the co-applicants.
- Similar details should also be filed for the previous employer for both the applicant and the co-applicant — other sources of income and the amount per month.
- Personal reference and emergency contact names, contact information, address, and the relationship to the applicants.
- Applicant’s authorization for verification of the given data.
- Property manager name, signature, and date
- Applicants and co-applicants signature and date
Rental application details
- Rental address and dates
- Applicant’s and co-applicant names
Information on the following should be given
- Landlord information
- Income information
- Other documentation that may support your application, such as benefit statements, letter(s) of employment, letter(s) of recommendation, and bank statements.
The Hawaii rental application form follows the state laws and allows for the collection of information that helps to vet the applicants. Also, all the occupants, whether minor or adults must be listed when filling the form. Any person above 18 years must sign the form