The California Student Sublease Agreement subject to a California rental lease or a California lease agreement. It is designed for a student roommate situation and it has been created to comply with California Civil Code § 1951.4, which allows a tenant to sublease. It covers both the financial and other aspects of cohabitation.
Steps to Fill the California Student Sublease Agreement
- Enter the tenant’s name and the subtenant’s name.
- Enter the address of the premises.
- Enter the sublease term, the sublease start date, and the sublease end date.
- Enter the monthly rent amount. The subtenant agrees to pay the tenant directly.
- Enter the security deposit amount.
- The subtenant agrees to provide thirty days’ notice to terminate the sublease. Re-enter the sublease termination date.
- Indicate the total number of tenants, whether bedrooms are shared, and whether other living spaces are shared.
- Indicate conditions for overnight guests.
- Enter percentage of utilities that subtenant will pay.
- Indicate division of household chores.
- Indicate quiet hours for household.
- Indicate conditions for alcohol and tobacco use.
- Indicate conditions for parking.
- Subtenant also agrees to comply with master lease. Enter landlord’s name. Tenant agrees to provide thirty days’ notice if master lease is terminated.
- Indicate condition of apartment.
- Subtenant agrees not to further sublease.
- Subtenant and tenant agree that the sublease is complete and binding and that all changes will be made in writing.
- Both the tenant and the subtenant must sign and date this California Student Sublease Agreement in accordance with California Civil Code § 1951.4.