This is a Lead-Based Paint disclosure form to be incorporated into a standard rental lease or a lease agreement. Landlords are legally obligated to provide information related to lead-based paint hazards. This disclosure form has been created to comply with 42 U.S.C. 4852d.
Steps to Fill the General Lead Based Paint Disclosure Form
- Landlord indicates whether there is known to be lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards on the premises and describes them.
- Landlord indicate if there are any records related to lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards on the premises and describes them.
- Tenant indicates receipt of any records or disclosures and the “Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home” pamphlet.
- Agent indicates that landlord has been informed of all relevant obligations and responsibility to comply.
- The landlord, tenant, and agent must all sign and date this Lead-Based Paint disclosure form in compliance with 42 U.S.C. 4852d and certify its accuracy.